We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a good understanding of the advertising media industry, confident in forming agency and brand partnerships, to join our amazing and quickly growing team.
SUMO are specialist recruiters across select areas of media and advertising including social media, influencer marketing, paid media, creative & production. You will be working across all areas and will be expected to build relationships with relevant agencies whose proposition reflect our services.
You will develop a deep understanding of our processes, services, and advertising channels more broadly. You will introduce SUMO and our recruitment solutions to agencies, while championing SUMO and collaborating across internal and third part teams to seek out, sell, and implement new revenue opportunities. Track record of success within a media, advertising sales environments with previous experience that may include working for publisher, agency, platform, business development consultancy or another relevant recruitment agency.
- Great understanding of the advertising and media agency landscape and the service propositions related to different agency types, ideally including social media, influencer marketing, paid media, creative & production, entertainment, TV.
- Great understanding of the media and advertising landscape, social media, influencer marketing, paid media, creative & production TV, Radio, online, branded content, social, programmatic, and operational delivery.
- A passion and understanding of the role media plays in society and across the advertising landscape.
- A strategic mindset, ability to interrogate recruitment briefs effectively and constructively criticise where necessary.
- Always willing to go the extra mile. Resilient and ambitious. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
We don’t have an office canteen, rooftop terrace or free bar (yet), but we’ve worked hard to give our employees some awesome benefits.
- A competitive salary (In line with your experience)
- Competitive commission scheme
- Flexible Working – start between 8am – 9:30am, leave at 5pm – 6:30pm
- Relaxed dress code: No formalwear, think Jeans, T-shirt and Air Force ones.
- One of the coolest offices in Bromley (co-working space in the centre of Bromley) – should you choose to come in!
- Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mochas, lattes… honestly the list goes on…
- Regular Team Socials (at least every quarter)
- Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party
- Performance Incentive Schemes; ‘Dinners for Winners’
- Sporadic treats such as early finishes, pizza for lunch and duvet days
- Clear path for progression with regular performance reviews
- Annual salary reviews … and much, much more!
…And there we have it. If you like what you see, fire us a CV. If you don’t, well… that’s your call. But you’d definitely be missing out 🙂